NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND VOLUNTEERS
1. In accordance with department policy, the Federal Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988, and the Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act of 1991, all applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to take a pre-employment test for controlled substances.
2. In accordance with Pecan Valley Centers policy, arbitration is required as the exclusive dispute resolution method for any employee controversy or dispute arising from or in any way related to employment by Pecan Valley Centers or the termination thereof. A signed Arbitration agreement is required for all Pecan Valley Centers employees.
3. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Recruitment, hiring, training and promotions shall be administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or sex, except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification.
4. A person for whom the facility is entitled to obtain criminal history record information may not be employed, assigned volunteer status at, or serve as a professional clinical intern at Pecan Valley Centers if the person has been convicted of an offense listed in the subsection of the State of Texas, Health & Safety Code, Chapter 250, §250.006 Convictions Barring Employment (https://www.hhs.texas.gov/handbooks/consumer-directed-services-handbook/appendix-i-criminal-convictions-barring-employment)
5. In addition, the following individuals may not be employed by, assigned volunteer status at, or serve as a professional clinical intern at Pecan Valley Centers or provider:
An individual who has been convicted of an offense that Pecan Valley Centers has determined to be a contraindication to employment or volunteer status at that entity;
An individual who is listed as revoked in the Nurse Aid Registry; or An individual who is listed as unemployable in the Employee Misconduct Registry.
Consistent with the Texas Government Code, Pecan Valley Centers shall destroy conviction information from the Texas Department of Public Safety (TxDPS) or the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), whether obtained through the department or a private agency, after an employment/volunteer decision has been made or personal action has been taken.
Please contact Pecan Valley Centers Human Resources for additional information:
Human Resources Contact:
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER